ISM – Information Security Manual
The Defence Signals Directorate (DSD) produces the Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM). The manual is the standard which governs the security of government ICT systems. It complements the Protective Security Policy Framework.
- The ISM comprises three documents – an Executive Companion (PDF), Principles document (PDF) and Controls manual (PDF) – targeting different levels within your organisation, making the ISM accessible to more users and promoting information security awareness across government.
- Use the ISM order form to request printed copies of the manual.
- The 2012 ISM XML version (1Mb ZIP) may be downloaded.
- Additional ISM resources including change summaries and system control checklists are available from the members-only area of OnSecure or on request.
- The ISM was called ACSI 33 until 2005.
- Contact us for enquiries, advice and services.
View the ISM
Use the drop-down menus below to filter the ISM or read the entire manual. Your first choice may take some time to load.