The Defence Signals Directorate (DSD) evaluates ICT security products used by Australian governments to protect official information. These formal independent assessments provide confidence that ICT security products perform as claimed by the vendor.
DSD performs the following types of evaluations:
- AISEP evaluations and certifications
- DSD Cryptographic Evaluations (DCE)
- High Assurance evaluations
- cross-domain solution (CDS) evaluations
- other discrete evaluations.
The Evaluated Products List (EPL) lists ICT security products certified for use in Australian and New Zealand government agencies.
Australian and New Zealand government agencies can ask DSD to evaluate products by writing a letter of recommendation for evaluation.