- Career paths
- Who are we looking for?
- IT/Cyber and Information Security Specialists
- Employment conditions
- Professional development and further study
- How and when to apply
- Selection criteria hints and tips
DSD is part of the Australian Public Service and is a Canberra-based organisation. Salaries are competitive with industry and commensurate with skills and qualifications. A generous superannuation scheme contributes to the overall package and flexible remuneration options are available.
As part of the 2014 Altitude@DSD graduate program, candidates will commence on $61,694 plus more than 15% superannuation. Graduates will receive a 4.2% increment on the successful completion of their graduate year. Performance-based advancement can substantially enhance salary beyond this point.
DSD also provides the following advantages as part of its unique work environment and culture:
- Relocation assistance for successful applicant's to help with the move to Canberra, if required.
- Comprehensive training, further study and professional development opportunities are encouraged and supported through various study assistance programs.
- Organisational support and understanding of the need for work-life balance.
- Work that is interesting, highly valued and of national importance.
- The chance to work alongside some of Australia’s best and brightest.
- Opportunities for advancement as part of the DSD Unified Structure arrangement.
- Employees are employed under the Defence Enterprise Collective Agreement [780K PDF], which provides a range of generous benefits and entitlements.
All of that ... with free parking, a range of commercial, retail and recreational facilities, and public transport! Learn more about the conditions and benefits of working at DSD.
When you combine the above with the opportunity to live and work in an unpolluted, relaxed environment within two hours of beaches, ski fields and other capital cities, your choice should be easy.