- Career paths
- Who are we looking for?
- IT/Cyber and Information Security Specialists
- Employment conditions
- Professional development and further study
- How and when to apply
- Selection criteria hints and tips
How and when to apply
How do I apply?
Applications for the 2014 Altitude@DSD grauate program closed 7 April 2013.
The Defence Signals Directorate (DSD) is part of the Australian Public Service and is a Canberra-based organisation.
Employment with DSD is subject to satisfying the requirements of a Psychological Assessment and a Top Secret - Positive Vet security clearance. All applicants must be Australian citizens and must have at least 10 years checkable background. You will be employed in the Australian Public Service for a probationary period of 12 months.
To assist you in writing your application, read the following duty statements and selection criteria:
- Analyst duty statement and selection criteria
- IT/Cyber and Information Security Specialist duty statement and selection criteria
When do I apply?
The Altitude@DSD graduate recruitment program accepts applications around March-April each year.
As all successful applicants must undertake a thorough security clearance, it is important you apply well in advance. Ask yourself these questions:
- Will you complete your studies in 2013?
- Will you complete your studies before July 2014, but would like to secure employment before you finish your degree?
- Have you already graduated and are looking for a change of career direction?
- Maybe you will finish your studies in 2013, but would like to travel or take time off before going to work?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, you should apply in 2013 for a 2014 intake. Whatever your situation, you can apply with DSD and potentially secure a career that will be both interesting and rewarding.
- Applications opened
- 25 February 2013
- Applications closed
- 7 April 2013
- Screening sessions
- 20–24 May 2013
- Assessment centres (in Canberra)
- June–July 2013
- Security clearances (in capital cities)
- From August 2013
- First intake
- February 2014
- Second intake
- July 2014