- Career paths
- Who are we looking for?
- IT/Cyber and Information Security Specialists
- Employment conditions
- Professional development and further study
- How and when to apply
- Selection criteria hints and tips
Analyst duty statement and selection criteria
Graduate APS Level 4
Position number: Several
State: Australian Capital Territory
Division: Defence Signals Directorate
To work independently or as part of a team to:
- Assist and undertake research, analysis, investigation and interpretation of information
- Prepare reports, correspondence and submissions as directed.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders as required.
The ability to meet each selection criteria will be assessed throughout the recruitment process.
Communicates with influence
- Communicates clearly and concisely
- Keeps self and others informed
- Listens, understands and adapts to audience
- Negotiates and works to reconcile diverse views
Supports productive working relationships
- Develops and maintains effective internal and external relationships, partnerships and networks
- Values difference and diversity
- Listens to, understands and recognises others
- Promotes and shares learning and supports and guides others
Contributes to strategic thinking
- Supports shared purpose and direction
- Thinks strategically and maximises work linkages, opportunities and solutions
- Contributes to planning and decision making
- Applies judgement, intelligence and commonsense
Displays personal drive and integrity
- Behaves professionally and ethically, and accepts responsibility for own actions
- Promotes and adopts a positive and balanced approach to work
- Shows initiative and resilience in managing work outcomes, opportunities and challenges
- Seeks and applies ongoing improvement and learning
- Takes responsibility for managing work projects to achieve results
- Identifies and uses team and individual resources wisely
- Adapts to, supports and manages change
- Applies and builds appropriate professional and technical expertise
Problem solving and innovation
- Is able to identify problems and generate possible solutions independently and quickly and accurately analyses and synthesises information and /or data from a variety of sources
- Identifies key issues, trends and interrelationships between issues and understands the broader context of problems / findings and possible implications
- Is able to generate novel and creative approaches to work issues and practice
Academic achievement / knowledge in a discipline relevant to the role
- Employment with DSD is subject to satisfying the requirements of a Psychological Assessment and a Top Secret - Positive Vet security clearance. All applicants must be Australian citizens and must have at least 10 years checkable background.
- A degree from an Australian tertiary institution, or a comparable overseas qualification, which, in the opinion of the Secretary, is appropriate to the duties.